Baking has started to become a real hobby for me and what better time than the summer holidays to fill your days with baking. Today I want to share a Raspberry Ruffle Cupcake recipe with you.. hope you enjoy :)
Vanilla Cupcakes (Makes 12)
115g Caster Sugar
115g Butter (Softened)
2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TBSP milk
4-5 Cups of Icing Sugar
1 Cup of Salted Butter
4-5 tablespoons Double Cream
Bag of Raspberry Ruffle Sweets
line a bun tray with 12 paper cases.
2. Using a mixer and a large bowl,
beat together the butter and caster
sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs, a little
bit at a time, then beat in the vanilla
flour until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Add the milk and gently fold into
6. The mixture should now be smooth and drop easily from a spoon. Now spoon the mixture into your bun cases.
7. Bake in your preheated oven for
around 15-20 minutes until golden
in colour and firm to the touch.
8. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
1. Whilst buns are in the oven heat a
saucepan over a medium/low and add the raspberries.
2. Continue to crush them with the
back of a spoon until they turn into
3. Take off the heat and put through
4. Leave to cool completely before using.
5. When buns and raspberry juice has cooled you can now work on your buttercream base.
6. Cream the butter and add the icing sugar (about a cup at a time), when incorporated add in the raspberry juice (about a teaspoon at a time) - please note- don't add too much or your buttercream will be difficult to pipe, you want to keep it stiff around 3 teaspoons should suffice.
7. Now your buttercream is ready
to pipe onto your buns, decorate
how you wish and top with some
raspberry ruffle sweets :)
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know if you try it out or if there is any recipe you swear by :)